Whatsapp has established itself as the numero uno chat application in the world surpassing even the trusted SMS service. The best part about Whatsapp is that you can share images and even Audio / Video files with your loved ones , thus making the platform a personal forum. However, there is a catch. Whatsapp has restricted the size of Audio/ Video files that can be shared to a mere 16 MB, which quite frankly is not enough, considering the fact that a HD video of a mere 30-40 second duration is approximately 18-20 MB. This makes sending video and audio a files, a big hassle sometimes. Thanks to a few developers though, you can now safely and legally breach the 16 MB barrier and share what you want , with your loved ones.
Must Check : Top 6 Most Amazing Whatsapp Tricks and Tips That You Should Know
Lets get started –
Firstly, I will tackle the Android platform –
- First and foremost, download the application called Video converter Android, which is free on the Google Play store.
- Once the application is installed, open it.
- The first time you open the application, it will automatically star searching and importing any available video files present on your internal memory or external SD card. If it fails to do so for any reason, you can manually import the video files as well.
- Once all videos have been imported, tick mark those that you wish to optimize.
- Now, select ‘ Manual ‘ profile and choose the desired options. The app will then convert the video/videos to the desired format, desired size, while keeping the quality the same. however, sometimes, it may so happen that the app will reduce the quality of the video in order to maintain the overall conversion quality.
Now that we have the Android platform covered, lets move on to the Windows Phone platform –
- Once the app has been installed, you can browse through your gallery and pick the video/videos that you wish to optimize.
- Once you have chosen the desired videos, the optmization process will begin. For your information, you can optimize multiple videos at the same time. Basically, what this app does is that it scales down the size of your video to less than 16 MB, while attempting to keep the quality untouched.
- Once the videos have been optimized, they will be stored in a separate folder inside your gallery, so you can easily access the Whatsapp optimized version of your videos , thus making it easy to share. The same procedure applies to Music and other audio files as well.
That’s all there is to it. Hope you found this article helpful. Do let us know if you have any queries or feedback by commenting in the comment section below. Stay tuned for more such articles right here.