Guide To Install CyanogenMod 12.1 on the HTC One M9 Android
We have already discussed about CyanogenMod Roms. If you’re a Zenfone 2 owner & want to install CyanogenMod 12.1 then click here. And HTC One M9 owners stay here and keep on reading.
Good news for HTC One M9 users, the unofficial version of CyanogenMod 12.1 is now available for you guys means for HTC One M9. CyanogenMod 12.1 is based on the latest Stock version of Android Lollipop i.e 5.1.1 and comes with some cool feature which you will enjoy in this ROM. Thanks to XDA members Rashed97, varun.chitre15 for creating the unofficial version of CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Many HTC One M9 users already tested this new ROM on their device and happy with the new CM 12.1 and enjoying the cool features of the ROM on their devices. So if you’re a One M9 user and want to install CM 12.1 ROM then don’t worry here is our complete guide on it so you can install the CM 12.1 easily on your HTC One M9 device.
Before we start, let me remind you – Whatever happens to your phone, is your responsibility. The steps given in the upcoming tutorial are correct to your knowledge, but even then, remember, whatever you do, do it at your own risk.
With the disclaimer done, lets get started –
Pre-Requisites And Requirements:
- To install this ROM, you need a rooted phone with TWRP recovery. Check out our guide to root and flash custom recovery on HTC one M9.
- Do take the Full Backup of your files such as Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks.
- HTC Drivers – First you need to install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your windows PC and then HTC drivers. You can follow our this two guide:
» How To Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers On Windows 7, 8, 8.1 & 10
» List of Android USB Drivers For Windows & Mac
- Enable USB Debugging mode – Go to settings -> About Device -> Tap seven times on build number -> Then go back and Open developer mode -> Check on USB Debugging.
- Battery – If your phone switched off during this process, it could brick or damage the device. So, Make sure that battery is full charged or near about 50-70% battery level.
How To Install CyanogenMod 12.1 on The HTC One M9 Android
Step 1. Download the CM 12.1 ROM file & G-Apps File from below download button and save the zip file on your desktop. Do not extract the zip folder.
Step 2. Transfer the both zip files to your phone’s Micro SDCard.
Step 3. After that switch off your device & boot it into recovery mode. To do this, press & hold Power button + Volume Up altogether for few seconds. When the phone vibrates, release the Power button.
Step 4. Now in recovery mode, perform the factory reset means wipe data (don’t wipe the internal memory if you had store ROM & GApps file in internal memory)
Step 5. After factory reset, tap on “Install Option” & search for those zip files that you saved on your phone’s Mirco SDCard in Step 2. First install CM.zip & then install Gapps.zip file.
Step 6. Then go back to recovery main menu & Reboot device.
That’s it! Now your HTC One M9 is running on the latest CM 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) ROM. This was our guide on to Install CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM (Android 5.1.1) on HTC One M9. I hope now you can easily install Custom Rom on your One M9. And If you have any further queries or questions to be asked on this article, feel free to ask. We would like to interact with you regarding your queries and questions. Your suggestions and feedback are always welcomed.