OnePlus 3 was launched in June 2016 and then in November OnePlus launched its new OnePlus 3 upgraded version OnePlus 3T. Obivously it is one of the best and budget smartphone available in market. OnePlus 3T comes with new color slightly dark gunmetal color wherever OnePlus 3 silver so slightly changes in OnePlus 3T color. It has Snapdragon 820 at the higher 2.35 gigahertz clock speed with six gigabytes of ram. So, if you’re a OnePlus 3T user and wanted to Root your OnePlus 3T with TWRP then you are landed on right page.
All credit goes to the XDA developer Jcadduono who provides the unofficial TWRP for OnePlus 3T
Process is easy it will take some 10 to 15 minutes. First you have to unlock the bootloader of your Oneplus 3T then you will get the root access on your device with the help of TWRP recovery. So here is the guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3T. Read all the steps very carefully & then follow all the steps open by one on your device.
→This is Why You Should Root Your Android Device
»PRE-REQUISITES AND REQUIREMENTS:
» How to Install TWRP on OnePlus 3T
- First of all you need to Unlock the Bootloader of your phone. If you already did that then follow the second step.
- Then, open the ADB folder on your windows and press and hold ‘shift’ key & right-clicked anywhere in the folder and selected ‘Open command window here.’
- After that copy the TWRP recovery file (twrp-3.0.2-0-oneplus3t.img) on the ADB folder that you create above. Rename the twrp-3.0.2-0-oneplus3t.img file to TWRP.img.
- Then connect your device to the PC with USB cable and enter the following command in the command prompt to boot your device into fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once device boots into bootloader mode, issue the following command into command window to flash the TWRP.img file:
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
- Then, type below command to boot into recovery.
fastboot boot TWRP.img
Thats it! Now the TWRP custom Recovery is successfully installed on your Oneplus 3T.
» Rooting Process of ONEPLUS 3T
- Now your OnePlus 3T will boot into the TWRP mode. First in main page of the recovery select your preferred Language and set it to what you want, and tap on “Never show this screen on boot again,” & Swipe allow modification.
- Now transfer the no-verity-opt-encrypt zip file to your device over MTP & flash it. Then, Go to install and Locate the no-verity-opt-encrypt zip and flash the same.
- Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data,” and type “yes”.
- Now come back to the main menu and Select install & select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root OnePlus 3T.
- Once the Super SU zip file is flashed on your phone. Reboot System.
That’s it. Now your OnePlus 3T is rooted with TWRP recovery. I hope now you can easily root your OnePlus 3T. And If you have any further queries or questions to be asked on this article, feel free to ask. We would like to interact with you regarding your queries and questions. Your suggestions and feedback are always welcomed.