Record iPhone calls on your iMac in Just a Few Steps
The new OS package of Apple devices, aka , iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite, have got a huge bump up over the previous editions. Not only has the look been refreshed, Apple have taken a step towards making their OS ecosystem completely cohesive in terms of usage. The handoff feature is proving very useful to people who constantly move around between various locations and cannot access all their iDevices all the time. One of the most talked about features is cloud sharing . Basically, if you have logged into all your iDevices using the same Apple ID, then any picture you take on your iPhone will immediately be stored on your iCloud, and can be accessed from any of the other iDevices that you may have at your disposal at the time of requirement.
Also Read : Trim Videos in Images in Mac OS X
But that’s not the feature we are going to talk about. In this article, I am going to tell you how you can record the calls you have received on your iPhone , on your iMac device. This can be achieved using the Phone Relay feature that has been bundled into the new iOS and MacOS family. Lets get right down to business –
First of all, there are a few pre requisites before we get into the main story, so check out the list and make sure you have everything that is required.
- iPhone and an iMac system.
- Make sure both devices are running iOS 8 and MacOS X Yosemite respectively.
- Make sure the Phone relay feature is up and running on both devices.
- Sign into both devices using the same Apple ID.
Once you make sure you have ticked all the boxes, move on to the main tutorial.
- Make sure you have the FaceTime application on both devices. All major Apple devices come with Facetime pre-installed, but due to any reason, should you find that the application is not there, download it and install it onto your device.
- Once you open the FaceTime app, for the first time, you will be prompted to select your recording preferences. Choose the most appropriate settings according to your taste.
- Once you have set everything up, make a call through your FaceTime app to whomsoever you desire. If you have set the record option to automatic, the call will be automatically recorded. However, if you have set the recording to manual, you will have to press the Red Circle on the bottom of the screen to start recording the call.
- The recording will be saved on your Mac’s library.
That’s all there is to it. Hope you have found this article informative. If you have any feedback or Queries, do let us know by commenting the same in the comment section below. Stay tuned for more articles right here.