As we discussed earlier, Rooting your Android device gives you a no holds barred access to your device, but it comes at a big price. Rooting voids your device warranty. This is why people who are to conscious usually prefer rooting their device after the warranty period runs out. However, those of you who own the Xiaomi Mi4 are in luck. You can root your device, while keeping the warranty intact. The procedure is not rocket science, so lets get down to it –
Before we get into the rooting, let me tell you a bit about the Mi4 itself. The device is the latest flagship from the Chinese smartphone giant Xiaomi. It comes with the Snapdragon 801 chipset which clocks 2.5 GHz and the Adreno 330 GPU to assist the user even the most demanding games . As far as the display is concerned, Xiaomi has given the Mi4 , a 5 inch Full HD display with 3 GB of RAM, making it one of the best multi tasker phones in the world today. While the pricing may be a bit on the higher side, its an amazing phone nonetheless.
Lets get down to Rooting this device.
- Head to the Mi4 Webpage, and download the latest Developer ROM.
- Once the ROM download is complete, move it to the internal storage of your Mi4 device.
- Once you move the Rom to internal storage, follow the following order – Go to Settings –> About phone.
- In this , click on System Updates .
- Tap on the menu on the top right hand side of the phone screen, and tap Choose Update Package.
- Browse and select the Rom file that you saved in the internal storage.
- The best part is that the moment you select the Rom file, the update process begins immediately. Just wait for a few minutes before the update finishes .
- Once the installation is finished, you will be prompted to reboot the device. Do it.
- Once you successfully complete the reboot, go to the security section of the device and select Root Access.
Thats all there is to it. You now have a fully rooted Xiaomi Mi4 with an intact warranty.
Do let us know if you have found this article useful. Stay tuned for more such Inscrutable.