The most sought after things for a blogger are the hits on the blog page and the comments. While hits keep trickling in, comments are a lot more elusive. Its a rare occasion these days to see comments on your blog post. Moreover those comments usually appear on your social networking profiles, and do not really make it to your blog page. However, what most bloggers don’t realise is that there is a method to link your Facebook comments to your blog, so you can see those comments directly on your blog as well.
Also Read : Use WordPress for Distraction Free Writing
Lets get straight to it –
- First of all, you need to have a WordPress blog. IF you don’t have a blog at all, I would recommend WordPress. However, if you have a blog on a different client , you can export the blog to WordPress as well.
- Next open the WordPress blog Dashboard, and downlaod the Facebook Comment Plugin from here.
- Next, install the plugin into your WordPress blog.
- Go to Settings and click on Facebook Comments. You now have to set up the Facebook comment plugin.
- Now you need a Facebook app for your blog. Click here if you don’t have one.
- You will get a pretty simple form that you will have to fill. Enter details like the Blog Name, a unique username for the app.Choose the appropriate category for your blog and click on create app ID.
- Once you do this, the App will be created via the provided information. After this , click on Settings in the left panel and pick the ‘Add Platform’ option.
- You will then be shown a list of websites. Pick the facebook icon and then provide the link to your blog page . For your Information, it is recommended that you create a Facebook page for your blog where you post all your blog posts exclusively.
- Save your progress by clicking on Save Changes option.
- On the same window, paste the App ID, copy it , and then head to where you were confiiguring your facebook account and paste the same app ID there.
- Save progress by choosing the Save Changes option.
Thats all there is to it. You have now configured Facebook comments on your blog. Hope you have found this article informative , do provide your feedback by commenting below. Stay tuned for more such articles right here.