The last few articles dealt with Rooting various devices. However, it is obvious that many of you will wonder as to why exactly you should go for the rooting process at all. TO clear that up, I will give you a few reasons as to why I think Rooting should be applied to you Android device. So, without further ado, lets get started –
- Install ‘ Uninstallable ‘ Apps – Although Android is an Open source software, it still cannot give you complete access to all features. Sometimes, you will find that a particular app or feature has been blocked by your carrier or Phone manufacturer, for reasons only known to them. In such cases, Rooting plays a big role. Once you root your Android Device, all these problems will instantly vanish, and you will finally become the undisputed master of your piece of Android Tech.
Must Check : Top 5 Best Free Antivirus For Android Mobiles and Tablets
- Automate Everything – Its a well known fact that , one can automate majority of their tasks on their Android devices.While some brands pre install an Automation program, there others where you yourself have to go on the Play Store and get yourself a Task Automater. One of the most prominent names in Task Automation apps is Tasker. This app lets you automate almost every task on your device. However, there are some features like Toggling 3G, GPS, changing CPU speed, turning the screen on, and others that require Root access. Not just this app, several other apps as well function much better when you have root access.
- Get a speed and performance boost – While it is true that you can optimise your Android device without root access, you will be able to do a lot more if you do. While normal Android devices can only go as far as turning off notifications and disabling unwanted apps, Rooted devices can go as far as getting their CPU overlocked for better performance and under clocked for better Battery life. You can also use apps to automatically hibernate apps you aren’t using. This will make sure no apps silently work in the background and hog that battery and memory .
Also Read : Getting To Know A Bit About G-Apps
- Block those annoying ads – Ads are ways through which the app developers earn some money , even out of their ‘Free’ Apps. Hoever, while its all cool on their part, there are many users who simply delete the apps on seeing those pesky ads come out of nowhere . There are two ways you can get rid of these ads. You can either put your device in Airplane mode while using the device, or go ahead and root your Android Device. I would definitely go for the latter because putting your device in Ariplane mode is only a quick fix and its efect wear off the moment you turn the mode off. However, if you root your Android device, you can opt for proper ad removal apps like AdBlock Pro, and get rid of those pesky ads for good.
- Keep your data Backed Up – when you buy a new Android device, switching all your data and settings can be a big hassle sometimes. That is why , it has become rather imperative these days to have a backup ready of your Data and Settings. This way, when you are going through a device transition, you can end the process in just a few taps, rather than minutes.
You will also like this : Rooting Galaxy S6 Made Easy
- Kill all Bloatware – Probably the most irritating part of phones these days are the useless bloatware that come pre-installed . These apps are nothing but packets of self assurance to the various manufacturers to convince themselves that they can still innovate. The only thing Bloatwares do is hog your all too precious memory and slow down your device. The only way to permanently remove these Bloatware is by rooting your device.Freeze them first to make sure your phone operates normally without them, then delete them completely to free up that space. You’ll be glad you did.
- Tweak your Phone to your liking – Android is all about Users getting the best mobile Phone experience of their lives. The huge array of customisations available in Android has made it a must have in every household these days. Rooting your device will only take your customisations a step higher. Not only will you be able to make the OS look as you please, you will also be able to tweaks its innards, and truly make your device your own. Moreover, you can also flash Custom ROMS or Kernels if you aren’t satisfied with your current Software package as well.
Well, these are a few things that I think should convince you all to atleast give Rooting a thought. Hope you found this article informative.