The internet is now the goldmine for everyone these days. Whatever you need in this digital world is available on the internet. All you have to do is search in the right place.
There are two primary methods of downloading files. One is via torrents , for which you require a Torrent Client. The other method is via a download manager. Basically, what a download manager does is that it carries out the entire process of the installation of the software. You can call the download manager , a friend in need.
There are many download managers out there, but here are the best Five of the lot –
- Internet Download Manager – IDM is one of the best download managers out there. What is special about it is the fact that it increases your download by upto 5 times, resume and pause downloads, and much more. The error recovery is top notch, so you don’t have to worry about losing your download progress in case there is shutdown in your internet facility. IDM boasts compatibilty with most internet browsers in the world, making it arguably, the top choice for most people out there.
- DAP ( Download Accelerator Plus ) – DAP , like the Internet Download Manager, also speeds up your download speeds by upto Five times the normal speed. What DAP also offers is the ability to convert videos from one format to another. It allows you to preview the video while the conversion process is going on. PErsonally, I have had a very good run with DAP in the past, so I would definitely recommend it.
- Free Download Manager – Free download Manager is what you would call ‘ Jack of All Trades ‘ in terms of Download Managers. It supports an array of download protocols like Bittorrent, FTP, among many others. The tabbed view lets you browse through the various active downloads in your list. Another snappy feature is that you can actually set the download speed, where you can go all the way to maximum bandwidth to really juice your internet to the maximum.
- YouTube Downloader – Everyone in the world wants to download Youtube videos, and this manager allows you to do just that. All you need to do is get the URL of the video you wish to download, and then set the format, and hit download. Thats all there is to it. Depending on your internet bandwidth, the download speed will vary, but that shouldn’t be much of a problem. The manager allows you to tweak the volume settings and also edit the video once you take it onto your system.
- FlashGet – When it comes to sheer download speed, FlashGet is arguably the best of the lot. While the aforementioned managers boost your download speed by upto 5 times, FlashGet goes one step further by giving you six times the boost. The manager supports all major internet browsers and splits your desired download into sections by deriving each file from the most convenient source and giving you a blitzkrieg of an experience.
All in all , these five download managers are the ones you should place at the top of your bucket list, when you are setting up a new system or are looking for a tool to boost your download speeds.
If you found this article informative or helpful, do pass this on , and if you feel there are other managers that can perform better, do leave suggestions in the comment section below.